Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

I'm growing my hair out, and I was wondering how exactly to create a style like this on my relaxed, African-American hair. I'm really lost when it comes to curls/waves, because up to now I've only worn my hair straight. Hot rollers, curling irons, scrunching, diffusing, curling products, I'm clueless. I would really appreciate some instructions, advice, or product recommendations. Thanks so much!



the style: http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery...



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

This style isn't that difficult. I wear it everyday without the bangs and I have relaxed, African-American hair too.Here's how I get it without a curling iron, scrunching, diffusing or curling products.



1. I wash my hair once every two weeks. I use Garnier Fructis (everyone thinks it's for white ppl, but it's not) shampoo and conditioner or Hair Mayonaisse with regular shampoo.



2. I blow-dry my hair straight. I don't use any heat protectants because they weigh my hair down.



3. I flat-iron it with my Maxiglide by Maxius flat-iron using the tooth attachment.



4. I apply a lightweight oil moisturizer from root to tip. No greases, waxes or pomades necessary.



5. Then, I separate my hair into 7 or 8 vertical sections from crown to nape. Then, I roll each section around two fingers until it reaches the roots and secure it with bobby pins.



6. Then, I go to sleep and take the pins out in the morning and shake my head. Run your fingers through your hair. It feels great!



I sleep with those pin curls in my hair every night and shake them loose in the morning. The pin curls give you day long curl without a curling iron. Resist heat to keep your hair growing and undamaged.



Email me if you need anything else.



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

get a really big barrel curling iron, a little bigger than a silver dollar. it usually works on my relaxed hair



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

hot rollers would be the best way only roll the hair half way up so the curl is at the bottom use big sections of hair hope this helped from a cosmetologist



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

Simple. First, make sure you have this much hair to work with, lol. Next, you'll set it on REALLY big rollers. We're going for a loose body wave here, not actual curl. Wash it, set it on the rollers using a setting lotion like ISOPLUS, sit under a dryer (forever), then once its dry, take the rollers out. you'll finger comb it. Don't comb through it, it will give you a whole other look. If you don't want to take the time to set it you can use a really big (close to 2 inches) curling iron and starting at the root, wrap your hair around it.This will achieve the same look in less time. Good luck! I'm sure you'll look beautiful!!!



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

ok first you wud have to wash and blow dry your hair {blow dry with a round brush preferably} and then you use a curling iron one thats plugs in, and you start from tha bac .you take small section of tha hair and put it through tha curling iron and wrap tha hair around tha curling iron , wat you will get is "spiral curls" witout tha dryer/rods .ok when u are through wit tha back you "flat iron tha bangs" you sud have tha same style ,providing you have tha same cut as tha pic. ps you have to use a medium curling iron{ not small or big}.



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

Checkout the following couple of link swhich are relelated to Phytorelaxers - these are a great relaxing product which is not as harmful to the hair as it contains no lye and as been devloped for afro-carribean hair - very popular product. this range is used by top british hairdressers Eroll Douglas.



http://www.haircareheaven.co.uk/news_det...



http://www.haircareheaven.co.uk/blog_det...



Can someone provide instructions/advice on how to get relaxed African-American hair into this style?

realaxers i use thth r really great r: Just for Me (it wrks 4 any age)



and: pantene PRO-V (for women of color, make sure u see that%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;)

No comments:

Post a Comment