Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Will my hair grow back, after damage from ironing?

I am 16 years old and i have been ironing my hair since i was 12 with a real iron. I finally realize that i need to stop this, my hair is falling out, it is very thin and i fear that i will lose the rest. I know i need to stop ironing my hair, it has alomost become an addiction. From what i have read i should use egg on my hair as a conditioner. I also purcased expert L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner. My question is now that the damaged hair has fallen out, is their a chance of it growning back if i take care of it? I am so used to ironing my hair that i dont know how else to stlye it. I also curl my hair, but could you offer me some styling tips that wont damage my exsisting hair?.. im SO scared, someone please help!



Will my hair grow back, after damage from ironing?

Stay away from heat when you can. Get rid of your iron and your curling iron.



Only blow dry your hair if you have to leave the house. If you take a shower and you are going to be lounging around the house let it air dry.



Try to stay away from styling products as well. Us sparingly.



Get a trim regularly this way you are cutting off the dead stuff at the end.



Condition regularly so you can get the moisture out of your hair.



Next time you get a hair cut request a style that looks great but is low maintenance.



Will my hair grow back, after damage from ironing?

Yes, you definently need to stop ironing your hair. First before worring about how to style it worry about fixing it first. I recommend using panteen shampoo and conditioner 2 repair the damage you have already caused. Buy the repair in one month conditioner and never brush or comb your hair while wet because it causes hair to fall out since the pores are open more so than when the hair is dry. Don't blow dry your hair or straighten it or curl it for a while and you should have a chance otherwise you'll just cause more damage to your hair. Give it atleast a month or more and than if things are better try styling it in a low pony tail(high ones pull your hair out) or loose brades and then letting them out so it's wavy. Ask a salon proffessional for more styles. Good Luck!



Will my hair grow back, after damage from ironing?

it should grow back. It might take a while, and might be a very slow process, but it should.



First.... Step very very far away from the iron. DO NOT touch it anymore!!! They are NOT designed to flaten hair. If you want to fix this problem and ever has good healthy hair, you have to stop.



You should be taking some kind of daily vitamin. Im 27 and still take chewable flintstones bc I hate taking pills. Any kind of daily vitamin intake is excellent not only for hair, but also skin and nails.



I would suggest to go have a good trim and style put into your hair. Expecially if its been more than two months since your last. This can get some of those nasty ends off, and give you something nice to work with while trying to grow. If you go too long between trims (esp when damaging it like you are) it can cause alot more hair damage.



Go to Sallys, Walmart, Kmart, whatever you have access to and get yourself some hot oil treatments, hair masks, deep conditioners, etc. Using these will help. You can use anything like this at home. Dont go overly crazy bc they can also tend to leave a build up on your hair. Follow the instructions and you should be fine.



Get yourself a nice shampoo and conditoner for dry/damaged hair.



If possible dont wash your hair everyday. Go at least everyother day. This will allow the natural oil your scalp produces to get into your hair.



Dont pull your hair into a tight ponytail, bun, etc when its wet. This will make your hair break.



Dont brush your hair when its wet. Comb lightly and gently.



As far as styling tips, you need something easy that you dont have to do much at all to. I cant really say, bc I dont know what you have to work with, but if you see a hairdresser I am sure he/she could help to find something for you. Try to use as little heat as possible for a while.



Good Luck honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment