Monday, July 27, 2009

Lye VS. no-lye relaxers dangerous to hair?

I am 20 yrs old/ Af.American. I have relaxed my hair for yrs. with a lye relaxer (at a salon.) I went to a new place because I moved to a new state. They relaxed my hair without asking me anything or doing a strand test. LOTS of my hair has fallen out at the roots over the past 2 months! My friend told me it might be if they used a non-lye relaxer when I've always had lye ones.



I am considering taking this salon to small claims ct. I have lost 1/2 my hair and it's been very stressful. But I need some backup info to prove why this happened when it NEVER did before. Thanks/ if you can give me help plus a place to get info I can use to prove this in court. THANKS



Lye VS. no-lye relaxers dangerous to hair?

Lye relaxers are strong. It may have been the stylist. I personally wont do relaxers because I don't have enough experience doing them. I do know that you have to work really fast or it will cause the hair to break off!! I would find out how much experience the person that did your hair had!!



Lye VS. no-lye relaxers dangerous to hair?

I've been a licensed Cosmo for 8 years now.



The establishment of the "No-lye relaxer" has been portrayed to the general public as if it is a safer option than Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) and it is no safer in fact. No-Lye relaxers have to use chemicals to straighten hair just as Lye relaxers do.



Manufacturers of No-Lye choose to boast No-Lye for marketing purposes. People buy No-Lye because "Surprise!!" There's No Lye, but what people don't know is that it's just as damaging.



Whether the stylist used a Lye or No-Lye (Guanidine Hydroxide) makes no difference unfortunately because both forms of relaxing are equally damaging.



Anytime a chemical substance is introduced into the hair, or otherwise, and it subsequently alters the natural condition of the hair, you can best believe that it's damaging.



She certainly over-processed your hair, no doubt.



If or when you take it to small claims, your reward won't be based on whether she used No-Lye or not; seeing as how you didn't sign a waiver saying she was not to use specific forms of chemical substance on your hair.(Those types of waivers don't even exist, I might add, as you already know.)



She simply over-processed your hair without taking the condition of your hair into consideration.



All I can think of to tell you is to make sure you have a good recollection of what happened and didn't happen that day; that alone should get you a reward, because w/o a doubt, she damaged your hair.



-Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment